Sunday, March 2, 2014

The short list :


I believe in fairy tales
I believe in love
I believe in goodness in the hearts of people
I believe in purity
I believe in dreams
I believe in absolute bravery
I believe in a world I cannot see
I believe in a Risen Savior
I believe in a life beyond my own
I believe In a temporary existence
I believe in struggle
I believe in durability
I believe in truth at all costs
I believe in sacrifice
I believe in evil
I believe in tiny daggers that pierce my soul
I believe in loss
I believe in transformation
I believe in the power of the human mind
I believe in joy
I believe in giving
I believe in tiny moments of tall importance
I believe in greatness
I believe in endurance
I believe in grace

The goal of a life on this earth is that you leave something behind, not that you take anything with you or race to collect the most by the end.  I am more and more aware that it is important to leave behind, if nothing else at all, at the very least, what you believe in..... So here's the short list...

Until we Meet Again,
JD

3 comments: