Thursday, May 17, 2012

Converting an old armoire into a COOL mini bar

So, I'm converting an old armoire into a mini bar. I am still trying to decide on whether to stay safe and go neutral on color or go Wow and bold with a unique color. So I will keep you posted on the progress, but here is a before picture. We had to cut a hole in the back to house our big TV ( you know the old kind), so i will be replacing the back with a new piece of wood and a mirror. That is the first step, then I will be adding a wine glass rack into the top which will hold the glasses upside down. My next plan is to build a wine rack into the bottom left cabinet which will hold wine bottles, the right lower cabinet will hold liquor bottles and short glasses as well as back stock of napkins, stirrers, and condiments. I will also be adding fold out shelves onto the side left door on the inside, which when folded up, are painted with artwork, and little pocket shelves on the right side to hold napkins, stirrers, and a lower cooler box which is divided to house lemons, limes, cherries, salt, etc. I love these kinds of projects, and I would welcome any ideas you have that might make it better. I am just doing this for fun, not for anyone in particular, so the sky is the limit... Thanks for checking in... We will meet again for phase two:) JD
Okay the photo uploader isn't working, so I will post a picture soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment