Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Finale of "The Butterfly Bookshelf/Toybox"


FOR SALE    $799.00


 This bookshelf was a custom design and build project I came up with to go in a room I painted for  a client.  Due to size constraints with doors, I ended up not putting the wings on at first and it was painted different colors, but in the end, it didn't work out for my client to be able to purchase the piece, so I decided to go ahead and finish it out the way it was designed originally, and this was what came to be.  The bottom part is actually quite a roomy toybox and the shelves accommodate large books, small ones, and even little chotskys that every little girl has setting in their room.


                                                                                                                                                                                                                          


The Butterfly wings fold out or in.  The idea was that they make it less boring when not in use, but in my "Little Girl State-of-Mind", I would fold them out and drape sheets over the whole thing and play behind the wings, or make a place for my dolls to play, but you and your little one could use your own imagination....
It stands 5 feet tall and 36" wide when wings are closed,  wings are 16" each and it has extra large bun feet with furniture sliders attached for easy moving...


No comments:

Post a Comment