Saturday, April 13, 2013

SCORE! The MINI Bar Progress continues...

 LOOK WHAT I FOUND:
I am very excited to show you what I found for $3.99.  This is my cool art nouveau Ice Bucket for the MINI Bar.  It is beautiful in amber, but I am still toying with whether to paint it with mercury glass paint or not.... I think I may just leave it as is.  I also found this awesome towel holder, but I don't have it yet, so I won't reveal it.  This past winter I have searched and searched for all the missing parts that I need to complete this transformation and those two are all I have come up with.  So far, the casting of the handles I want is not perfect, so i will continue to try to master that skill, and to look for ones that already exist.  There also is no such thing as hinges with a 90 degree stay for downward opening shelves, so my shelves will not be suitable for holding drinks, as they have a slight downward tilt.  It is ever so slight, but enough for a top heavy glass of wine to go tumbling, so I cannot use the shelves for that purpose, but still working on that design. Also, it is decided that the glass rack that hangs from the top cannot be lucite or clear, due to limits on sizes, it must be wood, so since that will cover the sky ceiling, I am going to just go with the wood, but paint it to match the sky ceiling.
This is one of those projects that I very well may be still playing with when I am old, but the truth is that I am having fun even at this pace.
Until we meet again...





No comments:

Post a Comment