Friday, July 27, 2012

The Emergence of the Mini Bar

Ahhh, we are now in the phase I call the "Emergence".  This is the part of any transformation when I start to see that what I have sketched and envisioned for many months, is starting to come to fruition.  I literally get that night before christmas feeling at this stage, and the fact is, I think this stage is why I do what I do....  I live for this feeling.  I am only halfway there, and there is still much to do before this project is complete, but now I know IT WILL BE...   It is the process of BECOMING something else that I love.  So, enough of my dreaminess and onto the details.  I have the mirror in place, lighting, wine rack, drop down shelves, and the condiment boxes.  The electric box is back in place and ready for a blender :)!  So the artwork on the drop down shelves was inspired by old advertisements.  I am still not giving away the period style of my inspiration, but I bet you can guess based on the artwork.  I am proposing a challenge to anyone who wants to venture a guess.  The first 5 people who can guess correctly will win a $25 gift card and a picture frame!





 

This view is the left side inside door, each of the pictures drops down and could provide a place to set drinks which are ready or more prep materials, etc.  I hung a towel bar on the inside left.


This view is the right side inside door, which has one drop down shelf at the top and 2 condiment boxes, these each have room below the box for an ice pack, so that you can keep cool lemons, limes, cherries, oranges, olives, etc. The wood box is stationery, but the acrylic boxes inset are removable. 
 This view is of the trim around bottom of mirror and the base.  It is all distressed mahogany wood finish. I am getting a mercury glass ice bowl to place in this space. As you can see in the photo above, there is an electric box which allows 3 things to be plugged in...

This view is of the top trim around mirror. Above this will be the hanging wine glass rack. I am having trouble finding one that is the width I need.  I can build one out of wood, but it would obscure the view of the painted sky, so I wanted a  wire or acrylic one, and I have found some, but they are either too small or too big, so I am still looking....






A view of inside, with wine rack at bottom and low glass shelf, READY TO STOCK!  For the inside, I need to install a hanging glass rack, make a drawer, install the side arms on the drop down shelves, and place the mercury glass bowl.





 and another view of the sky ...  So there it is...
HALFWAY to BECOMING....

SOMETHING NEW.

Until we meet again...

Don't forget to put your guess in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment