Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Review on Paint




I am going to start reviewing Green Products.... One a week, so that anyone who reads this blog can know what is out there and available and can make good choices when they are entertaining a remodel, or new construction.  I think once you know the harm you are doing, you can never go back to unknowing it,and my hope is that you will be armed with good choices that will allow you to feel good about living in your space.

So the first one is MYTHIC PAINT, which I have included in my review on paint before, but now that I have been using it for over a year, I am even more convinced that it is the BEST paint on the market.  It has ZERO TOXINS which makes the health benefit for you, your kids, and our planet enormous, but that isn't even its best feature. 

History of the Paint:
It was created on a grant by the Polymer Research Laboratories at the University of Minnesota to come up with a paint that would be suitable to use in submarines, and would not have the chemicals or the off-gassing that traditional paints have, and it also had to be durable because of the humidity and exposure to water.  28 patents later Mythic Paint was born and is now owned by Southern Diversified products.  They are the only paint that can legally claim NO VOCs and there is not even a warning label required on the can because there are no TOXINS.  Traditional paints continue to off-gas and release carcinogenic chemicals into the air quality for up to 6 years, but Mythic Paint is totally safe for pets, babies, people, and can be disposed of easily because it is biodegradable.  I  am proud to give it 5 stars for that reason alone.

But like I said, there is more.    I have been painting decorative finishes, murals, and furniture, in spaces for 12 years professionally, and in that time, I have used every brand of paint there is.  I can tell you that Mythic Paint holds up in durability, quality, and ease of application, against Sherwin-Williams, and Benjamin Moore, which were my other two favorites.  I also think the coverage is even a little better per gallon.  I am so happy to be able to offer this to my clients who are doing kids rooms, or nurseries, because I know that they have thought of everything to prepare the room for their baby where they will be protected and safe and they have searched every crib and cabinet for safety, but now I can even offer them a beautiful room with clean air.

There are 2200 colors  to choose from, and it can be matched to formulas of all the competitors colors.  Mythic makes 3 different primers, and a black label option with primer and paint in one, too.  It is a great company to get behind, and I hope the next project you have, you will consider making the Mythic choice.

It is available at a retailer near you, or online.  You may go to the website to find the closest retailer.  

 http://www.mythicpaint.com



No comments:

Post a Comment