Monday, June 25, 2012

Armoire to Mini Bar evolving...

 So I am painting the inside of the piece, a deep mahogany and distressing it to look aged, then I will rub on a layer of stain to give it a burnished, aged wood look.  I am not going to reveal the inspiration on the design style I decided to emulate.  Just see if  you can guess as I go along.  In this picture, the luan in the back is where the mirror will go, so it is not painted. 
 This picture does not show the color well at all.  I need better mood lighting in the workshop for sure!!!
 As with all the pieces of furniture that I create, I feel like they need to have some little surprise, some small place of mystery within, hidden somewhere.  This piece needed a sky.  I felt a bit like Michaelangelo  in the Sisteine, painting this.I put a sky in the top which will only be seen through the glasses hanging down, but there will be a light up there, so it may reflect in the mirror. I am not sure yet.  The piece to the left, was just my practice board. It ended up a little different, but I like them both. 
 So here is the final sky in the top of the mini bar to the right.... 
I think you can get a little bit better feel for the color in this picture, but it will show up much better once the stain is applied.  I should have the mirror soon, and the doors, shelves, drop downs, boxes, etc. are all coming together separately, so I will reveal those once they are installed.  Thanks for checking in.  Until we meet again....

No comments:

Post a Comment